Week 7 Reflections Online Collaborative Research Project

Doing online collaborative research project is interesting. I feel lot of motivation. I have the responsibility of leading the research group. We are five 8th semester researchers. Six weeks have gone by. Now 7th week’s reflections I am going to share with research supervisor. We daily learn some new feature of CALL programmes. The feedback on ‘research report’ is quite helpful. I wonder if I were in ‘control group’ would I have received such a detailed feedback. It takes time. On the campus, no time for such things. I think virtual learning is better in this regard. From 9 to 15 May 2022, I almost completed our research report. We are now working on revision and editing. In each chapter paragraphs are being revised. Editing is being done by MNF16, a hardworking student of my group. Our topic is : Analyzing Answer-Scripts of BS English 3rd Semester Students of Govt. Postgraduate College Mandian for Evidence of Grammatical, Lexical, Mechanical and Rhetorical Errors . We are at ease. We just collected midterm answer scripts of BS English 3rd and evaluated them for different types of errors. The interesting part of our research was to do ‘literature review’. So we visited Pakistan’s Research Repository for published theses. Here is a picture of this website:
Big Challenge In 7th week of our online academic writing course, I do not have any challenge. During first three weeks we all had to face varied challenges such as electric load-shedding, slow internet, grappling with technological issues of CALL programmes, and format of the undergraduate thesis. Now everything is smooth. I rather wait for college pack up time so that I can rush home and work collaboratively on our research project in Google Docs and tricider. Here I would like to mention one big challenge: This week, we were confused how to categorize rhetorical errors of students scripts. We ourselves are learning how to write properly. The matter was referred to our supervisor. He said we could not quantify such errors. We should give our general impression about quality of , relevance and presentation of argument.

Comments